Saturday, October 8, 2011

momentitos de la semana

Currently watching the dubbed Spanish version of Matilda with mi prima. Today was Matias' 12th birthday! Toda la familia and his group of amigos from school all came over to eat tiny pollo sandwiches, caramellos, drink chicha and vino and ron con coke, and just chat and laugh and enjoy good company. Feliz día a mi hermano Matías! 
todos mis primos lindos
haciendo galletas con Micaela

Yesterday, Friday, viernes, was the Peru vs Paraguay fútbol match! Oh yeah, we won, ganamos, oooh yeah. We play Chile on Tuesday, who beat Argentina yesterday. I went with mi amiga Cinthia to a friend's house to watch the game, yell "vamos vamos! aye pucha! viva Peru!" drink beer, and wave the Peru flag around. Following the emotional victory, Cinthia and I headed out to meet up with friends at Indy's place. Couldn't find the door to the gate, had to shimmy through the bars! The doorman found that odd I think. The night was about the spirit of Peru and excitement of winning, pretty cool to be a part of it. 
viva el Perú

En jueves Sarah and I ventured to Barranco, one of the coolest districts in Lima. Beautiful architecture, bohemian vibes, sits on a coastal cliff (as do all the coastal Lima districts, pretty kewl.) I found a few homes that I wouldn't mind nestling into when I open up my coffee shop here. Hey I can dream. 

 scooo ducks



Thursday night the group had a "cultural event" at La Dama Juana, a touristy restaurant buffet show, dancers perform traditional Peruvian dances while you eat. Bien chevere.   
Below is one of the dances called El Alcatraz. Yes, he is attempting to light her tailfeather on fire as she wiggles about. And yes, I was called on stage to participate. Booty on fire, ¿por que no?


Miercoles I woke up early and an awesome surf day with Sarah, we went out in the water with a pair of our amigos, laughed and caught some good waves. That night I went to my first tango class at Cholas Bravas, and I'm absolutely in love. I can't wait to tango again. 
Tangoloco
When I got home, I hung out with Adet in her room for a while, chatting and helping her with her English homework. I'm going to start volunteering at the trabajadoras syndicate she is a part of, check back later for updates on that. Elva and I also had a nice heart-to-heart, as we sometimes do when it's late and we're the only ones up. She is so wonderful and I feel so lucky to be a part of this family. 

A few nuggets: there's a husky dog that lives in a house that I pass on my way to school every day. He's usually sitting on the roof with his paws over the ledge. I think it's so damn cute, I always say hi to him, I think he likes me. He's my little amigo. 
Going to Iquitos right after my historia midterm on thursday! Jungle here we come!
Micaela, my sweet younger cousin, drew a picture called "La Naturaleza" (nature) and gave it to me. It's her watering plants, and cute scenery. She said that there's nothing else but nature, and that's why it's so happy. Que linda es. 

Besitos cariños!
smella

No comments:

Post a Comment